Monday, April 6, 2009

Nasty weather

After a beautiful 70 degree weather weekend, I awoke to 40 degrees, clouds, and wind.

I just got a call about 30 minutes ago from my husband, who is taking a half day off from work for a dentist appointment.

He sat on the couch, watching TV and listening to the wind, when... WHAM!

The awesome porch furniture on the back deck shattered.

The umbrella we have on the table must have shattered the glass top to the table. Shards everywhere. I should have asked Matt to take a picture. I mean, the good of it could have been a photo, right?

So, for now, the table frame (that is wrought iron, I think), and the umbrella will go in storage. The chairs may sit out there for the time being. We're trying to sell our house, so this will look awkward for a bit.

Anyone have any ideas on where to get a piece of glass cut for the table? It won't happen 'til we move, but I'm searching for idears ahead of time.

So sad. Obviously I hadn't sat out there in a while, being as we just got over winter.
But it still makes me sad.

I just cleaned the pollen off that sucker.

No comments: