Saturday, February 14, 2009

The International

We saw "The International" today, and I was pretty impressed.

They took a contrived story line, and made it understandable, plausible, and entertaining for 2 hours.

Clive Owen was excellent. Naomi Watts was weak (I'm not a huge fan).

Some of the lines were cheesy, but I liked the premise.

A guy wants to redeem himself at work for a screw up that he had at work years ago.
He happens to stumble into part II of a massive bank cover-up. What is the bank after - control? Money? Kind of a combo of both. As long as their customers are in debt, they rule.
Clive's character has to find the assassin of the bank, the guy who kills people who sniff too closely.
I won't give away the end, but I will say that I liked the ending: It was the most realistic part of it all.

The moral of the story is "the only way for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

But even then, there'll always be someone there to piss you off.

No comments: